Organization of the Council
홈으로 > Council Introduction > Organization of the Council
- The 8thDong-gu District Council consists of 9 members elected in local districts and 2 members elected proportionally by parities and the four years term started on July 1, 2018 and ends on June 30, 2022.
Chairman and Vice Chairman
- One Chairman and one Vice Chairman are elected in General Assembly with two years term, 1st half and 2nd half.
- Three Standing Committees, Operation, Planning and Administration and Social Construction, are reviewing the pending bills and petitions as well as civil complaints.
- Special Committees are temporarily formed by General Assembly’s decision in order to review special agenda.
- Each committee has one chairman, one vice chairman and other members.
- The council establishes a secretariat for planning and coordination, reviewing agenda, collecting data and other material, budgeting and managing its facilities and inventory in order to implement its objectives effectively.
- Secretariat is under direction and supervision of Chairman, manages the affairs related to the operation of the council and supports members of the council.